Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Alliteration examples

The Way I Am- Eminem

Sometimes I just feel like my father, I hate to be bothered
With all of this nonsense it's constant
And, "Oh, it's his lyrical content -
- the song 'Guilty Conscience' has gotten such rotten responses"
And all of this controversy circles me
And it seems like the media immediately
Points a finger at me (finger at me)..
So I point one back at 'em, but not the index or pinkie

This song by Eminem is full of assonance alliteration. Eminem is a mastermind at coming up with great lines.

CITING: Mathers, Marshall. Lyrics. "Way I Am."
The Marshall Mathers LP. LP. Aftermath/Interscope. 2000. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/eminem/the+way+i+am_20049877.html. web. 2/9/10

Superstar- Lupe Fiasco

Yea, uh
A fresh cool young Lu
Trying to cash his microphone check 2, 1, 2
Want to believe my own hype but it's too untrue
The world brought me to my knees
What have you brung you?
Did you improve on the design?
Did you do something new?
Well your name ain't on the guest list
Who brung you? You
The more famous person, you come through
And the sexy lady next to you
You come too

This song is another great example of assonance alliteration. When you read the lyrics, you don't hear words that have the same beginnings, but in the middle of words.

CITING: Wasalu, Jaco. Lyrics. "Superstar." Lupe Fiasco's The Cool. LP. 1st & 15th, Atlantic. 2007. http://www.lyricsreg.com/lyrics/lupe+fiasco/Superstar/. Web. 2/9/10

Throw It In The Bag- Fabolous


Look at price tags where they do that at
Heard that in ATL when I'm in ATL
Just ask my baby girl, I treat that lady well
Ain't nothin' soso and I know JD Well

A couple Benzes, black white gray CL
Got ------ lookin' like, did we miss a Mercedes sale?
Don't wonda what I do, just know they pay me well
They keep that Gucci and that Louie on my la-b-els


This is just another song with a lot of assonance alliteration, which is everywhere in rap/hip hop songs. Nearly every song has some type of alliteration in this genre.


CITING
: Jackson, John. Lyrics. "Throw It In The Bag." Loso's Way. LP. Desert Storm, Def Jam. 2009. http://lyricsde.blogspot.com/2009/05/throw-it-in-bag-lyrics-fabolous.html. Web. 2/9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment